You might be just the person we're looking for to fill an open position. To apply for any of the positions listed below, send a resume and cover letter to the address listed for that position. The New Jersey Audubon Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, age, national origin, ethnic background, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
Position Title: Development Assistant (Full Time)
Location: Headquarters, 9 Hardscrabble Road, Bernardsville, NJ 07924
Reports To: Director of Development
Job Classification: Full Time, 40 hour per week
The Development Assistant reports directly to the Director of Development and is the primary technical administrator of the Society’s Raiser Edge (RE) database. He/she serves as primary point of administrative and technical contact with Blackbaud account reps and must be familiar with all RE functionality, such as: RE administration and business rule setups, constituent record formatting, special codes and attributes, gift processing, procedures and best practices for running queries and reports, etc. The successful candidate must be highly organized with excellent communication, computer and analytical skills and be able to manage multiple tasks at the same time.
- Provide detailed membership and development financial reports, at the request of the Director of Development and Vice President for Development.
- Perform database queries to analyze membership data, update constituent records, and to create subsets of records for use in fundraising appeals, membership renewals, database maintenance, etc.
- Update constituent records in Raiser’s Edge.
- Assist the Director of Development with special projects and fundraising appeals.
- Work with lock box vendor to assure regular maintenance of all electronic files on contributions from members as well as donors.
- Work with lock box vendor to assure proper gift processing procedures, coding and recognition for unusual gifts (tribute/stock/memorial, etc.)
- Provide and prepare membership lists, reports, and electronic files for lock box vendor and direct mail vendor.
- Occasionally support the Development team in printing labels for special mailings including New Jersey Audubon magazine and other brochures, fliers, or special appeals.
- Technical implementation and administration of Blackbaud NetCommunity eblast system.
- Work with Communications Manager to create design templates for various email categories; create email mailing lists for specific target audiences; schedule, prepare and send email communications according to eblast policy guidelines; review and report on email delivery and bounce statistics.
- Technical implementation and administration of CapWiz net advocacy system and its integration with Raisers Edge.
- Main point of technical and administrative contact with CapWiz; provides training and technical support for Government Relations staff members.
- Provides Raisers Edge statistics and reports on advocacy responses.
- Inventory and order office supplies and membership materials.
- Answer telephone inquiries.
- Provide assistance with member acquisition and retention activities and events and help with post-event follow-up activities and correspondence.
- Assist with cultivating and stewarding members and donors.
- Work closely with the development team in responding to strategic institutional priorities as needed.
- Help assure that membership trends and best practices are utilized to help position NJA ahead of funding changes.
- Assume additional responsibilities for the Department and the Organization as needed.
- Participate with other staff to adopt a “team” approach towards daily operations at the assigned center.
- Understanding of Blackbaud Raisers Edge database application preferred.
- At least two years experience with Raisers Edge or similar CRM system preferred.
- Excellent organizational, time and project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects, shifting priorities and meet deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office).
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent interpersonal and collaboration skills – including the ability to accept direction and constructive feedback
- Ability to relate to and motivate a diverse range of people.
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and a positive attitude.
- Motivated self-starter with capacity to work productively in a team setting.
- Must be able to walk on uneven surfaces and lift up to 25 lbs. in order to participate in special events.
- Flexibility to adjust hours to meet specials needs of the department.
- This position requires a reliable vehicle and a valid New Jersey Driver’s License as some travel may be required.
Starting Date: Immediate.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: This position will remain open until filled.
Application: Qualified individuals may apply by sending resume with cover letter, salary requirements and three professional references to Human Resources via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
New Jersey Audubon Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer.