New Jersey Audubon maintains stewardship of 34 nature preserves throughout the state. Some of these preserves are open for hiking, birding and nature study. Others are closed to the public in order to preserve critical habitat or endangered species.
Click here to view these preserves >
In addition to our ten staffed nature centers (see Staffed Nature Centers), the following sanctuaries are open to the public. Call our Scherman-Hoffman Sanctuary at 908-766-5787, for more information:
- Bennett Bogs, 24 acres, Lower Township, Cape May County
- Hovnanian, 455 acres, Berkeley Township, Ocean County
- Montclair Hawk Watch, 1 acre, Essex County
- Old Farm Preserve, Remley and Stramaglia sections, 145 acres, Independence Township, Warren County
- Sluice Creek, 26 acres, Middle Township. (Site of CMBO's Center for Research and Education).