Become a New Jersey Audubon Volunteer!
Together we can work to Keep New Jersey Green!
Make new friends and do your part to help make New Jersey a better place while working with a great group of people--there's so much you can learn by volunteering for New Jersey Audubon! You may enjoy working outside on our beautiful grounds while watching the ever-changing show at the bird feeders. Pick the brains of the experts while hauling birdseed! Browse through our libraries while stuffing envelopes. Play a part in determining legislative outcomes by helping prepare critical materials at our Trenton Policy Office, or pull on your boots to gather water and soil samples in support of our Citizen Science Program. Our resources are at your disposal when you volunteer!
The amount of time you devote is up to you - whether it’s for one day, or a year. Our volunteer opportunities (like the annual migrations) are sometimes seasonal and always arrive in “waves.” We will keep your application on file and do our best to match your interests and talents with the jobs at hand.
Here are just a few of the ways NJA Volunteers help us achieve our mission:
Marketing, Direct Mail and Public Outreach
- Staffing exhibit booths at fairs and special functions (NJA Eco-Ambassadors)
- Assembling important Membership and Donor mailings
- Website maintenance, graphic design and layout
- Entering computer data
- Assist in research and writing for Corporate and Foundation grant requests
- Helping manage special fundraising events
Education & Research
- Leading nature walks and assisting on field trips
- Becoming a Trained Associate Naturalist or Teacher-Naturalist
- Preparing Arts and Crafts materials for Classes, Camps and Workshops
- Performing important Wildlife Research/Citizen Science
- Property and trail maintenance
- Building maintenance and repair
- Special projects (skills will vary with the specific project)
- Store sales and reception
- Retail store inventory
General clerical -- filing, typing, etc.
Your special skill is just what we need! Please help us achieve our mission. Together we can work to Keep New Jersey Green!
If you are interested in helping to serve NJ’s environment as a volunteer at New Jersey Audubon, please download and complete our application form and mail to NJ Audubon, 9 Hardscrabble Road, Bernardsville, NJ 07924, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to (908) 204-8960 or call the Staffed Nature Center nearest you to find out more. Coffee, tea, snacks, and good company guaranteed!