Why Join a Cape May School of Birding Program?
- Fun, attentive, world-class leaders on every workshop and birding break.
- A chance to visit one of the truly best birding places on the planet.
- Meet great, like-minded people for lasting memories...and friendships.
- Be a better birder and enjoy a feeling of accomplishment when you are done.
- Registration fees help support the mission of NJ Audubon's Cape May Bird Observatory.
Workshop or Birding Break?
Birding Breaks are short birdwatching vacations, but with a learning element. Our Birding Breaks offer you much more than a basic walk; our leaders are all selected as being experts in their field and, though the accent will be on watching birds and having fun, there will also be a teaching element to these trips. Weather permitting, most or all of your time will be spent out in the field. Participant to leader ration on Birding Breaks is 12:1 or better.
Workshops take the teaching element one step further. While most of your time will still be spent in the field, Cape May Workshops generally contain a greater indoor element than Birding Breaks, with a classroom session that allows plenty of time for theory, to complement the practice in the field. Leaders are all experts in their subjects, but workshops are pitched at a level that makes them easy to understand. Participant to leader ratio on Workshops is 10:1 or better.
Click here for a list of 2017 Workshops and Birding Breaks
For registration or further information, please contact the Program Registrar at 609-400-3864 or by email to email@example.com