Cape May Bird Observatory
Why Participate in the School of Birding?
1. You'll enjoy fun, attentive and world-class leaders on every workshop. 2. You'll have a chance to visit one of the truly best birding places on the planet. 3. You'll meet great like-minded people, and hopefully garner lasting memories...and friendships. 4. You will be a better birder when you are finished.5. Your registration fee help support the mission of NJ Audubon's Cape May Bird Observatory.
- The majority of time is spent in the field, watching and listening to birds while learning about them.
- There often will be at least one indoor session, normally in the afternoon (sometimes more on 2 or 3 day workshops.
- Daily plans are adjusted to meet local weather and migration conditions.
- We look at all birds we encounter, but remain focused on the topic of the workshop.
- Leader to participant ratio is about 1:12, or better.
- Participants range from beginners to advanced birders. All levels of experience are welcome.
- Questions are always welcome; before, during, and after the workshop.