The Henry Hudson Bike Path between Union Beach and Keansburg
parallels the northern side of Natco Lake and passes through
some tall stands of Sweetgum and Oaks that attract migrant
passerines. Yellow-crowned Night-Heron and Black-crowned
Night-Heron have both nested in the area. Herons, egrets,
a variety of waterfowl, Least Tern, Belted Kingfisher, and
Northern Rough-winged Swallow use the lake for feeding and
resting. An American White Pelican was sighted here in
South of Route 36 is a Hazlet Township Green Acres Park
with extensive woodland. It has hosted nesting Cooper's
Hawk, and a variety of flycatchers, thrushes, vireos, and over
25 species of warbler have been recorded.
- Take the Garden State Parkway to exit 117 and proceed east
on Route 36 for approximately 3 miles to the Rose Lane exit.
(Coming from the Sandy Hook direction, it is about 10 miles to
the Rose Lane exit and you need to make a U turn here.)
- Just east of Rose Lane, turn into the parking lot of the
Lakeside Manor restaurant.
- Park in the rear of the lot, next to the small trailhead
sign and explore the marked paths.
- For the Henry Hudson Bike Path, take Rose Lane north until
it ends at factory gates and you are forced to turn left.
- Park on the right-hand side of the road after making the
- Walk east on the bike path to view the north side of the