Connecting Children with Nature since 1897
The Plainsboro Preserve
Imagine 1,000 acres of preserved open space in central New Jersey. A partnership was formed between Middlesex County, Plainsboro Township, and New Jersey Audubon to preserve and provide accessibility to one of the region's most significant ecological legacies. Enjoy over six miles of trails meandering through mature beech woods, wet meadows, and the shoreline of scenic 50-acre McCormack Lake. Walk the floodplain of Devil's Brook in search of more than 150 species of birds that call the preserve home during the year. Plants on site consist of a diverse showing of spring wildflowers as well as over ten species of rare or endangered plant species.
Why Choose a New Jersey Audubon Nature Camp?
- New Jersey State Certified Summer Camp Program
- Our staff members are highly trained, friendly, and ready to provide your child with the camp experience of a lifetime
- We are one of the oldest independent Audubon Societies, founded in 1897, and have a statewide presence
- Proud affiliate of the National Wildlife Federation
- We offer competitive rates to meet the needs of the modern family
About Plainsboro Preserve Summer Nature Camps
- We connect children of all ages with nature by exploring, discovering, and enjoying forests, fields, streams, and ponds.
- Our environmental educators are highly trained with advanced degrees and/or substantial years of professional experience (Check out our Staff Bios.)
- We provide additional educators/interns to target optimal teacher-child ratios.
- We maximize outdoor adventures to foster a deeper connection with the natural world through engaging, fun, and informative activities.
Become a volunteer camp counselor - click here to download the application