A Watershed Approach to Teaching the Ecology of Regional Systems
A Guide for Middle School and High School Educators
Features . . .
- 220 pages - background, lessons, and appendices.
- New Jersey Specific watershed information
- Awareness to action teaching units
- Adaptable to special needs students
- Aligned to the New Jersey Core Curriculum Content Standards
- Opportunities for team teaching
As a Teacher of Middle and High School Students . . .
- Encourage your students to explore their watershed from ecological, social, and economic viewpoints.
- Guide your students in inquiry-based learning where traditional education disciplines are integrated into a comprehensive learning experience.
- Teach your students to be part of a creative problem-solving team..
- Worksheets and illustrations for classroom and field trip use with permission to duplicate for student use.
- A list of the science proficiencies recommended by the N.J. Department of Education that are met by each lesson.
- How to go from classroom to outdoor teaching.
To order your copy, contact your local NJAS center or click here to
visit our online store.