Here are a few "Top Stories" from NJ Audubon's Research Department projects.
Click on the individual links to read more.
- December, 2014: NJ Audubon receives a grant to restore and enhance beaches at Stone Harbor Point
- October, 2014: NJ Audubon receives grant from Disney Worldwide Conservation Fund for sixth year
- July, 2014: First ever geolocator data for a Semipalmated Sandpiper show remarkable year-long odyssey
- February, 2014: Research team returns from another successful field expedition to Brazil
- August 30, 2013: NJ Audubon honored with grant from Disney Worldwide Conservation Fund
- Summer, 2013: Semipalmated Sandpipers with Geolocators are resighted in the US
- August, 2013: Semipalmated Sandpiper Resightings during fall migration
- April, 2013: US Ambassador to Suriname visits NJ Audubon field research team at Warappa Kreek
- February, 2013: A Reunion of Old Friends - Delaware Bay Shorebird recaptured in Brazil
- December, 2012: NJ Audubon Research Department awarded grant by the Disney Worldwide Conservation Fund
- November, 2012: Bigi Pan camp opens in Suriname for game wardens patroling as part of shorebird anti-poaching efforts
- May, 2012: Exceptional Excursion meets Semipalmated Sandpiper
- Summer, 2012: NJA works with PSEG to develop management strategies for utility rights-of-way in NJ Highlands
- Spring, 2012: DuPont's Clear into the Future conservation program highlights NJA work on metal contaminants in shorebirds migrating thru Delaware Bay
- January, 2012: First recapture of Semipalmated Sandpipers, banded in Delaware Bay, in Suriname
- January, 2012: Shorebird Conservation Project expands to Brazil
- Spring, 2012 Have you seen my SESA?
- May, 2012: Researchers from Brazil visit Delaware Bay